GoldWrite Publishing LLC produces quality books and short films that inspire testimonies of faith. For consumers, GoldWrite strives to build a community that touches the soul, honors family, celebrates multiculturalism, and develops literacy. For prospective authors and/or employees, GoldWrite offers a positive publishing environment that welcomes worship, fosters creativity and empowers ordinary people to establish their voice by telling extraordinary stories.
Meet the Founder
Ashea Goldson, an Atlanta transplant and founder of GoldWrite Publishing LLC and published author since 2002, has a strong connection with writing. Since she was a young child growing up in New York City, she has always had a vivid imagination which fueled her fascination with writing stories. After writing for school publications throughout middle and high school, she continued to hone her skills in college. She received a BA in Communications from Fordham University in the Bronx, New York. She has also earned an MA degree in English /Secondary Teacher Education from The University of Phoenix. After dedicating herself to her family and her students for many years, Ashea eventually returned to her passion-writing.
As a Christian fiction novelist, Ashea has written many published works including The Lovechild, Joy Comes In The Morning, Count It All Joy, Let Joy Arise, Scorched, and When Kingdom Comes. Within her writing, flawed characters take the forefront allowing for an inspirational yet relatable message. Through GoldWrite she has published many other books as well, including Resurrecting The Real Me, His Mother’s Bosom, and numerous children’s books.
Ashea established GoldWrite Publishing to build a community of talented writers in order to produce a collection of multicultural, inspirational fiction, non- fiction and films. She also wanted to write and edit the same kind of “soul stirring stories” for others.
As an English teacher for over twenty five years, Ashea has exercised her love of literature and the arts through instructing her students. While writing and producing numerous stage plays for her students, Ashea’s interest in drama and screenwriting was cultivated. In 2009, Ashea wrote and produced her first short film, Searching for the Right Thing, through GoldWrite’s affiliate, Asheagold Productions. Although she is currently pursuing the role of filmmaker and writer extraordinaire, she continues to be an English teacher and advocate of literacy.
- Wrote and produced “Pieces From The Bottom,” short film, 2018
- Wrote and produced skit, “Resurrecting Love”, Divine Faith Ministries, 2016
- Wrote “A Sister’s Prayer,” 2015 –feature film (Registered)
- Wrote “Confessions Of a Praise Dancer”, 2017 –feature film (in progress)
- Wrote and produced skit, “Why Not Now”, 2015, The Divine Faith Ministries, 2015
- Wrote and produced the stage play, What Goes Around Comes Back for Anointed Minds Prep. School, 2013
- Wrote and produced the stage play, Blue’s Dance for Anointed Minds Prep. School,2013
- Wrote and produced the stage play, The Possibilities Are Endless for Anointed Minds Prep. School,2004
Awards & Distinctions
- Top Twenty Best Seller List-Black Expressions Book Club, 2014 for Scorched
- Top Twenty Best Seller List- Black Expressions Book Club,2013 for Scorched
- Top Twenty Best Seller List-Black Expressions Book Club, 2012 for Let Joy Arise
- Semi-finalist, World Poetry Movement, 2012
- Grand Prize winner, Fanstory Poetry contest, 2012
- Winner, Sankofa Literary Society Top 100 Books Award for Count it All Joy, 2011
- Grand Prize Winner, Wow Magazine Short Fiction Writing Contest, 2010
- Grand Prize Winner, Wellspring Christian Poet’s Forum Contest, 2002
If you feel the call to write and would like to become one of our authors, please consider the following:
Email inquiries are welcome at: email@example.com.
We are currently accepting manuscripts for the following genres: Christian fiction (Women’s, suspense or romance), Christian and/or Inspirational non-fiction, and Young adult fiction.
Novel Manuscript word count- Range of approximately 40,000-50,000 words. Manuscript pages-Range of 150-200 pages.
***We are also accepting stories with shorter word count-Range of 50-100 pages
- Please submit a one page synopsis and the first three chapters of the manuscript.
- Submissions should be typed, not handwritten and double spaced, using a size 12 font (Times Roman ,Arial, or courier).
- The cover page should contain the author’s name,address, phone number,email address and the title of the submission.
- Please allow one to three months from the date of submission for a response. The full manuscript should not be submitted unless requested.